After the first postmortem was inconclusive, detectives are still unsure how a woman found unconscious in a Brighton park died.
Police have made a formal identification but have not yet released the woman’s name or any other details, such as her age.
However, despite local rumors that she had been stabbed, they confirmed she had no visible injuries.
“A postmortem has been performed on the body of the woman who was sadly discovered in Queens Park, Brighton, on Friday night,” a police spokeswoman said (17 June).
“The cause of death has not been determined, and additional test results are awaited.” The deceased had no visible injuries.
“A formal identification took place, and her identity was confirmed.”
“Anyone with information about the incident is asked to report it online or by calling 101 and referencing Operation Ranworth.”
On Friday, June 17, around 9.30 p.m., the woman’s body was discovered in bushes near the clock tower in Queen’s Park.
Police said they had notified her next of kin yesterday.