John Raper ‘Chook’ Obituary – Death, John Raper Has Died
It is so sad and devastating to have learnt of the sudden and unexpected passing away of a plethora of premierships, who featured in the bygone era when the game was played for love not money, and a well known and an iconic image of four legends standing proud at the SCG after being crowned rugby league’s original Immortals in 1981, John Raper on Wednesday, the 9th of February, 2022.
Chook’ as the deceased was affectionately called breathed his last on Wednesday at the age of 82 after a battle with dementia, which is just four months shy of the sad and devastating death of his great friend and fellow Dragons legend Norm Provan. His friend Bob ‘Bozo’ Fulton succumbed to cancer also recently.
The deceased began his career with the Newtown Jets in 1957, and in 1958 headed for Kogarah where he won premierships with the side. The deceased also played centre in the Dragons’ 20-0 shutout of Manly in the 1959 decider and after made the lock position his own and carved out one of the game’s most celebrated careers.
We extend sincere and most heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of the deceased. He will be greatly missed by all who knew and worked with him. May his gentle soul rest peacefully in the bosom of the creator.
#JohnnyRaper known affectionately as ‘Chook’ died at the age of 82 after a battle with dementia, just four months after his fellow #Dragons legend #NormProvan passed away and nine months after fellow Immortal #BobFulton succumbed to cancer.https://t.co/aCBDPZNnlU
— Robert Smith (@OnyaDon) February 9, 2022
- Vasilios Anagnostopoulos, Professor Of The Theological School Of Halki Has Died
- Massachusetts Icon And Ex – State Representative, Raymond Jordan Has Passed Away
- Zachary Russell And Nicholas Royer, Greenville Residents Have Passed Away
- 91 Y.O Andrew Bem Is Man Identified In Deadly Spring Township House Fire Outbreak
- South Boston Apartment Complex Shooting Victim Identified As Kendall Dixon Aged 21